Thursday, April 2, 2009

Yesterday it snowed in the morning but melted by evening. Today the wind is blowing pretty bad.

I am so tired of the bad weather and winter so I went looking for signs of spring.

Before I left I just had to get a picture of this cute baby. He is growing so fast. I found Love out in the front yard. He is always checking things out and usually brings me some ticks he gathered from his adventures.
I found some yappy Yorkies in the back.
The wind is blowing so hard she can hardly stand up and look at her fur.
There were a few buds on the trees in the Orchard.

I found a few flowers starting to bloom.
Not many.
Looks like some by the porch.
I found a few in the flower bed under the window it looks like we need to weed that garden.
Isaac found me a couple of dandelion's after I took the picture he ate it.
When I walked to the back yard the entire yard was full of robins.
Of course when I went to take their picture they all flew away.
Here are a couple brave ones.
And a couple more.
And the deer are still there. There is a fence between us and they don't even look up.
There is Isaac with his trusty stick.
Our wood pile is pretty bad. We had a hard winter and used both this years wood and next years. So we will have to work supper hard to get enough for next year.
There is the Chicken barn. We had a lot of chickens for 4 years then one night as they were going in to the coop for the night a bunch of raccoons got almost all of them.
They were free range chickens now we are trying to build a fence around them so they are safe.
I hope we get some chicks soon. I love chickens.
We dragged this coop all over Oregon, California and Washington.
Usually full of chickens.
Here is our guard dog Maria.
She looks friendly but she scares people to death before she even gets to them.
She is a good family dog and puts up with all the other pets and protects them.
She gets very mad at any one or thing that chases her chickens.
It was to bad she was not at the coop the night the darn raccoons took the chickens.
Many of them were pets and we sure miss them.

No comments: